Saturday, November 27, 2010

Canada vs. Gethsemane

It’s December again. Christmas time is here. This coat I am wearing cannot suffice the two degree cold. I am freezing. It’s 11 pm. Just got home.

Tired from the day’s work...maybe I can call Grace. Grace...slim, beautiful, witty, smart...I am marrying her soon. And my life is going to be just what I want it to be- a gorgeous wife, beautiful children, big house, and a lot of days of vacation.

God will be pleased with me. I will give to charity...And if I have extra, I can donate it to my church’s programs. And when moments like this Christmas season arrive, my relatives there in Cebu will be delighted. They will expect some packages and presents from me. I still go to church once a week. I am sure that’s enough.

It’s there. I have planned it. This has been my dream...and I have finally gotten somewhere in my Life. I have FINALLY gotten here in Canada.

***

This evening, I feel colder than the usual. My hands are freezing. My sweat dropping like the weather’s so hot...but I feel so cold...so cold.

My body is so uneasy here in this Garden. The place is so quiet, and here I am kneeling. Does it have to be me? Do I have to go there? Do I have to feel every torment?

I can even feel my skin ripped now...and the thorns in my head.

The blood drenches my whole body. It’s the only warm coat that envelopes my body.

“Oh Father, if possible, take this cup away from me....Please...Pleading you, please. (*No answer.)
But then again, not my will but yours be done.”

It’s there. You have planned it. This has been your dream...and I will finally fulfill it in my Life here. I am FINALLY conquering death for THEIR redemption.





***
Gethsemane, garden across the Kidron Valley on the Mount of Olives (Hebrew Har ha-Zetim), a mile-long ridge paralleling the eastern part of Jerusalem, where Jesus is said to have prayed on the night of his arrest before his Crucifixion. The name Gethsemane (Hebrew gat shemanim, “oil press”) suggests that the garden was a grove of olive trees in which was located an oil press.

No comments:

Post a Comment