Sunday, August 8, 2010

THOUGHTS ON BEING A WOMAN ( brief and localized )

Sunday. Yesterday's events:

1. A Married male friend already confessed he liked my female friend, amidst all my rebuke: "di ku ganahan imu nan'g buhatun.take time, but don't do things that are not well-though-of."

2. Had trouble finding an outfit for church ( okay, this would account for something hehe...tell you later )

3. When I was in the prayer room, worshiping using the guitar and praying, a group of young women and senior women went there. I was caught off-handed to lead the worship ( came very unprepared I was. I was asked what song I knew ...uhm, I had never played the guitar for a long time, and that in my mind by far since my hiatus, I only learned 2 songs which were not that popular; hence, hard for them to know the lyrics ) Thank God, I managed to lead them to free worship hehe ( my abstract art excuse for lack of knowledge hehe but by far cool since it was spontaneous )

4. Not only was I to lead the worship, I had to speak words to them ( again, unprepared, or something...i was asking Guidance...while covering my a bit nervous feeling with big grins).

5. Finally able to deliver God's word to the women from the ages12 to 21. The Spirit of discernment helped me to utter words that I would not even know for myself.

6. Went to watch Eigasai ( alone) for a Japanese film about a family in Ayala.

7. After watching, I of course had to pass Terraces before I could go to the terminal. A Group of young adults, who looked handsome and rich, was trying to greet me or something which made me think they could have thought I was one of the few women there..nga ga prosti2x sa Ayala( amidst my formal attire * black blazer, and a knee to below knee length dress*...(*Many women who are so beautiful and look "professional", even, prostitute themselves. on those hours in Ayala )
***
Women women women! If you want to know about some issues of women that are seemingly subtle, I had them realized yesterday. Here they are:

1. Being A Wife of a not loyal husband. Even just having his heart beat for someone else is a pain. She could ask herself what else he needs, or what she lacks. Insecurity then comes in.

2. Being liked by a married man. this, too, can make a woman feel awful.

2. Finding an outfit can be stressful. dapat dili ka seductive tan-awn. para sad dili sundun ug tan-aw imung dughan or paa, or unsa pah. dapat pud, mu-angay sa imung edad, dili rka murag teenager. For men, this would not be equally as hard as for women.

3. Being a daughter of a father who has a mistress. When you are young, you would have asked your mom to take care of you. But what if your mom is so far away?

4. The worth of a woman is so defined by their shape and look, then skills. For the younger women, no one would crush them if they're fat or not white, etc. Women can also be defined by their intelligence or lack of it.

5. A mother. It's hard to work hard, especially if you're a single mom, then your child simply squanders your hard earned money.

6. It becomes so hard to be single, and available. Good thing, the gentleman God and Father can be with you, and will go before you.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post Dor..I learned something though...^^, Thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have just texted me while you're in No. 6 --,

    ReplyDelete
  3. jor: good you've learned something ^^
    andoi: what no. 6? the second one? hehe..si God rdaw..

    ReplyDelete