Friday, March 12, 2010

Tragedy on Declamation

For hours of googling, I haven't found a declamation piece worthy to be delivered. i'm almost pissed. Why do these pieces have to be corny, or so tragic to be realistic, anyway? Does it really appeal if the speech is so horribly bloody dramatic?? Take the case of "Murderess" or "Juvenile Delinquent"...and do people really think declamations are only for tots or teenagers to have the theme of "poor child", "beggar child, "bad girl", "bad sister" ( Sister's Trouble---this piece is one of the most awful )...Orally interpreting Literature is ART.

Where is the element of literature in here? Provide me one, please. I have to pass a piece right now. the closest one adult themed i could ever find is this:
How my heart was broken on New Year’s Eve
( http://mblackrose.diaryland.com/040412_50.html )

I know. Don't laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment