Monday, January 4, 2010

2010’s First

This year, I want to awaken my artistic soul. I’m deprived, I’d claim. Ever since young, I had a fascination for art of any kind. Yet, I didn’t have a formal background on anything. Stop. I will stop the self-pity now....

Music, painting, writing, and dancing. I would somehow concentrate on these.

I would not blame anyone for my lack of success or progress on these “disciplines” because I lack discipline. Idleness is a disease I have been nursing.

Today, I have finished the novel, “One Hundred Years Of Solitude” by Garcia-Marquez, a book which I only started reading yesterday. I’m quite proud to have finished it for a short time. That kind, or thickness of that kind would usually take me a week or two to finish. His story would not normally appeal to me, especially that sensuality is so much a part of the book; if the novel were a man, sexuality would be like the normal breathing of it. The novel has so many main characters, about 10 to 15. There are characters, like Amaranta and Remedios, whom I could so much relate to;, that it made me happy someone understood who I was by portraying these characters. Strong woman, not easily entangled by romantic wiles of the males, knows what she’s doing, and under control of her emotions ( including sexual passions ). However, women who are most portrayed in the book are the opposite. I consider women who cannot control their lusty appetite as weak. More so, those women who are deceived by men’s venomous charms.

Anyway, I’m a bit bothered that I had been absent so many a times in my classes for my Masters. This year, I promise I will NEVER be absent.

At 10:53pm, I should finish cling clanging myself because my eyes start to do the cha-cha.

1 comment:

  1. I also read this book before.
    But I retired halfway.So I'm not good at reading novel.
    I felt this book is almost the pile of comic.

    I hope your artistic soul.

    Best wish

    ReplyDelete