Monday, January 4, 2010

Daul on Art

I have just arrived home. Dreaming of holding a guitar like a baby once again. Loving it, with its beautiful cries resound in the air as I strum its strings.

Immature artists convince themselves and others that they ARE artists. According to Daul, Art should not be bragged about. Careful, careful. If you'd let Daul, a painter and model, look on your piece of art, while blabbing tirelessly about it ( especially if she doesn't like it ), she might tell you ( but would not tell you upfront, just speaking to herself...a curse on her Korean descent ), "Is that ART?!" Except that now, she will never speak like it...because she's six feet under the ground. hehe.

I had never considered myself an artist since I had been intimidated with all those superb ones. No match for them, I'd say. The only indication that I could be one was the time no one ate my food.

Art is never focused on just music, or painting, or fashion. Or one aspect of it. I believe that artists cannot stop themselves from expression. Whether they put nuts on their spaghetti or black pepper on their carbonara.

Art is everywhere so long as one uses his senses. I dance with an abstract painting. I paint with a colorful novel. I listen to a ballet dancer dancing to a muted music.

I have to stop. Need to talk with Howard Roak of The Fountainhead. Or, maybe I'll just meet with him in my sleep, strumming a happy tune with my guitar.

No comments:

Post a Comment